I haven’t updated this blog in a year! FOR SHAME! The good news is…it’s because I’ve been so super busy LIVING! So let me restart my commitment to my blog with a quick update of…gosh…the past year? Don’t worry, I’ll keep it short and simple, I promise!
· March – Moved to Valley Center to live with my boyfriend and our 5 dogs. Huge step for me! The dogs are SO much happier in VC. They have an acre to run around on, birds to watch, gophers to chase, and dirt to roll in. Happy dogs = happy me J
· July – 26th birthday spent in Grand Cayman with my parents. The downside: perforating my eardrum on the first scubadive and not being able to scubadive the rest of the week! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don’t worry, I still had fun J
· August – Started my new job at Bilstein Shock Absorbers! Definitely one of the coolest gigs I’ve had thus far (except dog washing at Petco…obviously). And won a rock climbing gift certificate at a raffle. Date night!
· September - Ran my SECOND Half Marathon with Team in Training to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Disneyland Half Marathon was my run of choice. So much fun! I ran in memory of my Uncle Steven, who died when he was just 26 after being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma 6 years prior.
· October – SEMA! Ho-ly-Crap! I got to attend SEMA. It’s basically the biggest automotive show in North America, no biggie. Downside: I had to work the entire time; Upside: I got to sit in the Audi R8 that had just won the 24 Hours Race at the Nurburgring. Unreal. Oh and Snoop Lion walked by our booth, that was cool too.
· November – Riding in a Nascar stock racing car with my dad! Also, watching him bond with my little Peanut on Thanksgiving (heart melt!).
· December – The best Christmas I’ve ever had. Not only did I get to spend time with my family, but I also got to spend time with Jared’s. I’m so blessed to be a part of two loving families. And my mom got me a bunch of workout clothes for Christmas; she knows me so well J
· January – It’s 2013! New Year, new start, new ideas, new me, new everything! We started off our New Year’s with a ride in the desert with Jared’s fam. I got to ride in the buggy for the first time! Ho-ly-CRAP that is fun! Those things rip! I can’t wait to get a quad so I can join that badass crew
February – Whew, here we are! We’ve come full circle! February was action packed though! Here are some highlights (which will soon have their own dedicated entries):
· Snowbasin with my honey and my parents!
· Huge gardening project
· Crossfit 858 Team Competition
And March. Don’t even get me started on what’s coming up in March.
· Oakley Progression Sessions at Squaw Valley
· Oakley VIP Session & Brand Ambassador Awesomeness
For 2013, I decided I would make monthly goals (which are a bit easier to stick with than one big lofty goal). January’s was to Crossfit at least 3x a week (goal met!), February’s was to avoid dairy (epic fail—who knew I liked cheese so much???). I think March’s will be to update my blog at least once a week. Get me in the habit of updating this thing a bit more frequently. Sorry Facebook—you might have to take a backseat for a bit, mama wants to try something new J
Thanks for hanging in during that update! More to follow after this weekend (Oakley Progression Sessions!)